As the world’s leading manufacturer of Liquid Crystal and Organic Electronic materials, Merck is dedicated to providing unique, high quality products for technically demanding applications. We are expanding our activities in the field of Organic Photovoltaics (OPV) and have now the opportunity for an ambitious R&D Scientist to join our OPV Application and Customer team.
The primary role will be to carry out material science research for the evaluation and development of new materials for commercial OPV applications and introduction of these products to customers.
You will use your ability, experience and knowledge to:
- Integrate with a talented multi-disciplinary team of people
- Perform research to identify materials with the potential to become new products
- Contribute to a variety of new product development projects with partners and customers in Europe
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the parameters which control the performance and quality of materials and formulations for OPV applications
- Contribute to the generation of Intellectual Property
The successful candidate will have a higher degree in Physics, Chemistry, Material Science or relevant disciplines and can demonstrate:
- Previous experience in OPV device fabrication and characterisation
- An understanding of OPV physics
- A genuine interest in the commercialisation of OPV technology with the ability to generate innovative solutions which are practical in a manufacturing environment
- High levels of motivation and ability to work under pressure in a commercial environment to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
We offer a competitive salary based on skills and experience, private medical insurance, a contributory pension scheme and 25 days’ holiday entitlement.
If you would like to apply for this position, please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
The closing date for receipt of application is 10 June 2013