The Plastic Electronics Leadership Group (PELG), supported by Electronics, Sensors, Photonics Knowledge Transfer Network (ESP KTN), are pleased to announce the publication of the results of the Plastic Electronics Sector Study 2012/13.
The global market in plastic electronics is forecast to be worth approximately $120Bn by 2020. The UK has a strong industrial and academic base in plastic electronics but until now the size of the sector had not been quantified.
The aims of the sector study were to understand the size and growth of the printed electronics industry in the UK. Surveying and aggregating data from the UK operations of active companies as:
- Producers of printed electronics,
- Consumers of printed electronics,
- Suppliers of equipment to the printed electronics industry,
- Suppliers of services to the printed electronics industry.
There are several items available to download:
- For an infogram summarizing the results of the sector study please click here.
- For a presentation given by Chris Jones (Vice-Chairman, PELG) at the Advanced Engineering Show in November 2013 please click here.
About the PELG:
The PELG is a volunteer group representing the UK plastic electronics community to promote the development of a successful plastic electronics sector in the UK.
For more information visit: ukplasticelectronics.com
About ESP KTN:
ESP KTN is the UK’s fastest growing network spanning electronics, sensors, photonics and much more.
To find out more and to join for free visit: www.espktn.org