As the world’s leading manufacturer of Liquid Crystal and Organic Electronic materials, Merck is dedicated to providing unique, high quality products for technically demanding applications. We are expanding our activities in the field of Organic Photovoltaics (OPV) and have now the opportunity for an experienced R&D Manager to lead our OPV Application and Customer team in commercialising new OPV products.
You will use your ability, experience and knowledge to:
- Lead, develop and motivate a talented multi-disciplinary team of PhD level scientists
- Define and deliver Merck’s OPV product and application technical strategy
- Agree, manage and review team budgets and personal targets
- Identify new commercial OPV material opportunities and customers for Merck
- Manage, develop and run BMBF, TSB & EU funded projects in OPV
- Positively represent Merck’s OPV business with customers and collaborators and at international conferences and trade shows
- Extend and contribute to the management of Merck’s OPV Intellectual Property portfolio with innovation and by identification of acquisition opportunities
The successful candidate will have a PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Material Science or relevant disciplines with extensive industrial leadership experience and can demonstrate:
- An deep understanding of OPV technical and market requirements
- An excellent track record of leadership in a complex international project matrix environment
- A successful track record of customer focused innovation in a materials business
- A good knowledge of IP issues relating to freedom to operate, patent protection and portfolio management
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Experience in international project management with successful delivery of internal, international customer and third party funded projects
- Experience in negotiating contracts with external partners
- Fluency in oral and written German is desirable
We offer a competitive salary based on skills and experience, private medical insurance, a contributory pension scheme and 25 days’ holiday entitlement.
If you would like to apply for this position, please forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for receipt of application is 10 June 2013